Like all web sites the use of www.sweetillustrations.co.uk generates log files on the server as a result of visitors accessing resources within the site. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, date/time stamp, referring/exit pages and error messages. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track usage information, capture errors and gather demographic information.
The log files may be used in analytical programs to ascertain trends from visitor data e.g. top paths through site, most common referrer link etc.
IP addresses, and other such information collected in the log files are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable,
Specific cookies used are as follows :
- .AspNet.Consent - this cookie is set when you accept the cookie notice on entering the site, and prevents the same notice being presented on every page. The cookie contains only a text string 'yes'. Expiry is set for a year after cookie creation.
- .AspNetCore.AntiForgery - this cookie is set when entering data on a form within the site and contains only a unique randomly generated string. This cookie is used for our security as it is checked each time a form is submitted to ensure the form has been submitted from our site and not from an outside source. The cookie expiry is set to the current session.
- CartGuid - On entering the site for the first time this cookie is set and is a randomly generated string which is used to track you entries in the shopping basket, this allows us to keep your shopping basket live even after you leave the site so if you later return your items are still present in your basket. Expiry is set for a month after creation.
- Currency - This cookie is set on entering the site for the first time - it is a 3 character code, set initially to 'GBP', and is used to let the site 'remember' your currency preference. If your choice of currency is changed during your visit this will be changed to contain 'USD' or 'EUR' as required. The cookie expiry date is set for a month so we can retain your preference for your next visit.
When visitors place an order on the site we need to retain certain information within our database in order for the site to operate and subsequent orders to be processed, the information stored is the minimum possible to allow is to operate the site and fulfill customer orders, data stored includes :
- Username - the users e-mail address
- Password - this is encrypted before storage to the database
- Order information - details of orders placed, including items, prices, date and time
- Address / delivery information - when placing an order a delivery address will be required and this is stored along with the order details.
The data is stored in a database hosted by our web hosting company within their secure hosting facility. Data needs to be retained within the database after the order is completed to allow us to process returns / complaints and to allow users to return at a later date to review their previous orders.
Payment on the site is processed through Paypal and no data regarding the payment is received or stored by ourselves - visitors payments are directly with Paypal and take advantage of their extensive security processes.
We will always honour any request from a user under their 'Right to be forgotten' but when making this request users must understand that from that point we have no data covering their previous account or orders so are unable to process refunds / returns.
During the course of processing customers orders we may also gain access to additional information, for instance a customer may e-mail their telephone number so that we can call them to resolve a problem. Any data obtained in this way will be kept only as long as it is required to process the current incident.